Animal Sponsorship Opportunities
If you love them like we do, consider a sponsorship in 2021!
At The Farm at Prophetstown, we are dedicated to our animals’ care and welfare. They are our partners in historic interpretation and helping families make memories!
Costs for animal upkeep are one of the major expenses at The Farm, and we would appreciate your helping support their care so that we can continue to have a large variety of animals for visitors. Please consider a sponsorship! We welcome individual and business sponsors! If we receive more than one sponsorship per animal we will use the extra funds for animal care year round. All sponsors will be acknowledged on a sign in the barn. THANK YOU for your support!
A Big Shout Out From the Barnyard to our Animal Sponsors!
We are now open for 2022 animal sponsorships.!A big THANK YOU from the farmyard to those who have sponsored our animal family in 2021! Thank you for your support and love of our animals.
- Natalie Colyer from Indianapolis, IN. has very generously sponsored Bojangles and Hope, our miniature horses, as well as Ryder and Daisy, our Standardbred horses. WOW…..what an amazing gift! We are so grateful for Natalie’s support. We love our “bigs” and our “littles” , and are so happy that Natalie feels the same. Thanks to Natalie for helping to cover costs focused on their care and feed, so we can continue to offer happy, healthy animals for visitors to enjoy. From our entire farm family, thank you for your support Natalie!
- Haley’s Lock, Safe & Keys, located in Lafayette and Crawfordsville, IN. has generously sponsor JJ, our miniature donkey. JJ is a special guy here at The Farm, and loves attention from staff a visitors. He especially likes going on walks. We love our JJ and are not surprised he captured the hearts of his sponsors.
- Amy Craig from Battle Ground, IN. has generously sponsored Bojangles and Hope, our miniature horses. They may be small, but their personalities are very big! Bo and Hope are favorites at The Farm among visitors and staff, and we are thrilled that Amy loves them as much as we do.
- M. Anderson graciously sponsored Brahma Son, one of our staff’s favorite roosters at The Farm. Brahma Son was born at The Farm several years ago and has been our head roosters. He is half Brahma and half New Hampshire Red and protects the girls in his coop.
- Keller and Delaney Wesdorp from Goshen, IN. have graciously sponsored Hope, one of our miniature horses. Hope is a girl who knows what she wants and finds a way to communicate it, and visitors and staff love her and her spunky personality. She’s living her best life here at The Farm with her pasture-mate, Bo. Thank you to Keller and Delaney!
- Greg and Steve Bahr from Battle Ground, IN. have generously chosen to sponsor Gary, our barn rooster. Gary is small in size but big on personality. He likes to strut around to show he’s the boss of the barnyard. We love Gary here at The Farm!
- Zabrina Bohy from San Diego, California has generously chosen to sponsor Bojangles and Hope, our miniature horses. We are so thrilled to have Zabrina in our farm family! She learned about The Farm and our wonderful animals on-line, and decided to sponsor. Thank you Zabrina! We’ll hope you’ll visit all of us (including Bo and Hope) sometime soon.
- Emmy Fall from West Lafayette, IN. has graciously chosen to sponsor Louis, our fluffy, friendly Suffolk ewe. Louise is living her best life here at The Farm! She loves visitors and the occasional treat, but who can blame her for that.
- Avery Fall from West Lafayette, IN. has generously chosen to sponsor Sergio. He’s such a handsome guy! Sergio is wildly popular because of his wonderful coloring. He does like to wander, but always seems to find his way back home to The Farm.
- Kathleen McDonough from Delphi, IN. has sponsored our “face of” The Farm, Bojangles. Bo is a miniature horse and is full of personality. He is sometimes ornery and always takes a great photo. He, by far, has the best hair on The Farm with his mane always blowing in the wind. He knows he’s hot stuff around the barnyard.
- Patricia Pastore from Westchester, IL. has sponsored Ryder in memory of a dear friend to The Farm, Henry Wynstra. Ryder is a Standardbred horse and was a racer in his earlier life in the sport of harness racing. Ryder can be a bit stubborn, but we love the big guy and are happy to see him living his best life here at The Farm.
Bo is a miniature horse we adopted from Indiana Horse Rescue, after they saved him from neglect. Bo is a great favorite of our visitors. Everyone comments on his crazy hair! Bo’s needs for the year are hay, hoof trimming, vaccinations, deworming and fly spray.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP- $100.00
Hope is a miniature horse who was a neglect case we adopted through Indiana Horse Rescue. She and Bojangles are best pals, but Bo knows who rules the pasture – Hope does! Hope’s needs for the year are hay, senior horse feed, hoof trimming, vaccinations, deworming and fly spray.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP – $100.00
JJ came to us from Indiana Horse Rescue and is a favorite here at The Farm! He is a miniature donkey with lots of personality that loves to greet guests. Donkeys are protective animals that help keep predators away. They were historically also used to transport items on their backs and pull small carts. JJ’s needs for the year are hay, hoof trimming, vaccinations, deworming, and fly spray.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP – $100.00
Daisy came to us from Indiana Horse Rescue after her career on the harness racing track. Her breed is Standardbred. Standardbreds were used on farms to pull plows, and they also pulled school buses, hearses, fire trucks and trolleys. Daisy has beautiful long legs. Daisy’s needs for the year are hay, hoof trimming, vaccinations, deworming, and fly spray.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP- $200.00
Ryder is a Standardbred, and like Daisy he came to Indiana Horse Rescue after his career on the track. Ryder adores children, especially toddlers! His favorite thing to do is lounge by the fence so visitors will pet him. Ryder’s needs for the year are hay, hoof trimming, vaccinations, deworming, and fly spray.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP- $200.00
We’ve had Thelma since she was a lamb, and she is such a sweet girl! Thelma loves to come up to the fence and let children stick their fingers into her soft, fuzzy wool. She is patient and kind to all our visitors. Thelma’s needs for the year are hay, sheep feed, hoof trimming, and vaccinations.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP- $50.00
Louise came with Thelma several years ago when they were lambs, so they are good friends. Louise loves hanging with Thelma in the pasture, and she is a very good girl every year when their wool is hand sheared. Louise’s needs for the year are hay, sheep feed, hoof trimming, and vaccinations.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP- $50.00
Sponsor HELEN, GEORGIA, or OPAL
The turkey girls are all over The Farm. They are very curious (a bit nosey) and love to explore. All of the turkeys entertain visitors by being so friendly. Expenses we could use your help covering for the turkeys include scratch grains and poultry feed.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP FOR GEORGIA – $40.00
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP FOR OPAL – $40.00
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP FOR HELEN – $40.00
Sponsor a rooster!
We have seven handsome roosters, all friendly and tame, who play an integral role at The Farm. They keep an eye out on their “girls” and make sure they find food and are safe from predators. These handsome fellows love to strut their stuff, and if they are feeling really good, they just might crow for you! The roosters’ needs for the year are scratch grains and poultry feed.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP PER ROOSTER- $40.00
Sponsor a hen!
The chickens are always popular children, because of their bright and fancy colors and their antics chasing bugs and playing in the sunshine. They are so much fun to watch! We have over 60 hens, and they lay healthy, nutritious eggs that we sell. They’re hard working girls who love the fact that they can freely range anywhere they want to go on the Farmstead. The hens’ needs for the year are scratch grains and poultry feed.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP PER HEN- $40.00
Sponsor a duck!
We have three breeds of ducks at The Farm – Buff ducks, Call ducks, and Pekin ducks. The white Pekin ducks are quite elderly, but still love to jaunt around The Farm and splash in their duck ponds. The Buff ducks and Call ducks spend their days playing in the water, sleeping in the sun, or laying their beautiful opal-colored eggs. The ducks’ needs for the year are scratch grains and poultry feed.
ANNUAL SPONSORSHIP PER DUCK- $40.00