Apply By: Wednesday, September 3, 2019, 5 pm EDT
The Farm at Prophetstown
Official address is West Lafayette, IN. The Farm is located within Prophetstown State Park, closest town Battle Ground, IN.
Executive Director position:
The Farm is hiring an Executive Director to replace the current retiring Executive Director.
The board is looking for a strategic leader to continue in building a strong team of staff, board of directors, volunteers, and members, with focus on trends for the future. This person needs to build on the unique experience of educating, demonstrating and creating new opportunities to help in the success of The Farm and accomplishing the mission. To create opportunities that revolve around the 1920s farms as they began to transition from animal to tractor power, and the impacts on the land and in the farm home to make stronger partners and financial success. Partnering with community organizations and drawing on a wide range of resources and expertise that include beekeepers, master gardeners, farm experts, home economics experts, and historical resources, always looking towards future growth.
How to Apply:
Apply by email with a resume to Jo Wade, email@example.com before September 3, 2019.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
What does success look like for the Executive Director of The Farm at Prophetstown?
- Having a committed staff that is well trained and provides great customer service, education, animal care, and proper land use.
- An engaged board of directors who is kept informed and involved by the Executive Director, and a board of directors who communicates frequently both formally and informally with the Executive Director.
- A growing engaged membership, and partners that understand the vision.
- Financial stability that allows maintenance of buildings, programming and future growth, and a proven ability to increase The Farm’s financial sustainability base for the future.
- Established collaborations with the community, state and regional organizations, leaders and a vision to find additional alliances.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills, including a professional demeanor and proven skills in setting high standards, inspiring and motivating staff, volunteers, donors, and potential partners.
- An understanding of and a strong commitment to The Farm’s important role in benefiting the community through its historical educational programming and the business of making memories.
Reports to: Board of Directors
- A bachelor’s degree or equal leadership/management experience in one or several of the following- history, agriculture, education, communications, hospitality and tourism, management, or related field
- Five or more years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with the non-profit sector either through employment or as a volunteer
- Solid hands-on budget management skills including consulting on budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, training, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of The Farm’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
- Demonstrated experience in farm animal care and agriculture
Thanks for a great 2018!
Check out our bright and shiny restored corn crib! Thank you to our donor for the project, Nola Gentry, and to Paul Davis Restoration of Lafayette for the great work.
Check out the wallpaper we have selected for the tenant house renovation! Thanks to Mary Anthrop, Kathy Atwell, and John and Karen Mills for helping us research original Sears wallpaper samples and catalogs for patterns!
We won’t be open for early morning chores July 21 and 22nd, as staff will be putting up hay in our loft first thing each morning. Our gates will be open at 10 a.m. instead. Thank you!
The Gibson Farmhouse will be closed Saturday April 23 for a wedding. We wish the bride and groom a happy life together!
ODAY IS THE BIG DAY FOR OUR DRIVEWAY! Here is a picture I took yesterday, and you can see how badly it needs repair. US Aggregates is donating the stone, Williams Trucking is donating the delivery of the stone, and MacAllister Equipment is donating the equipment for the day to do the work. This is some AWESOME teamwork being done to help The Farm, and we thank Anthony Maniscalli of US Aggregates for coordinating this us. We’ll post pictures of the finished driveway.
We are open Saturday March 26 from 10-4, but will be closed on Easter Sunday so that our staff can enjoy a day with their families.